Created: Friday, 12 February 2021
Written by Jonathan Hobson
IT supply chain attacks are becoming increasingly common, hackers will attack a smaller, less secure supplier of their target. If successful, the hackers will leverage their access at the small supplier to breach their target.
Think of it like a classic heist movie. The robbers don’t break directly into the bank - they break into the coffee shop next door and then tunnel through the basement.
Larger organisations are demanding their smaller suppliers comply with security policies and prove that they are safe to do business with.
We will help you:
- Audit your security and suggest sensible changes and policies to make sure your business is secure
- Prove that you are secure, by gaining accreditations such as Cyber Essentials.
- We will guide you through any security requirements your customers may require from you
- Help you implement policies to make sure your suppliers are secure - making sure they are not the weakest link either.
Created: Monday, 25 January 2021
Written by Paul Grigg
Having an Electronic Vault / Archive system preserves all your email and business documents, and allows quick and easy searching across your entire organisation. Providing many benefits:
- Resolving disputes with customers or suppliers
- Recovering deleted emails, e.g. a disgruntled leaver who empties their mailbox on their last day
- Meeting compliance regulations
There are many different electronic vault / archive systems available. Which one is best for your business? It will depend on what you are currently using to store information.
If you are using Google’s G Suite / Workspace, the answer is easy, Google Vault.
If you are using Microsoft Office 365, the retention policies feature can fill this role. Be careful, as you will need a licence that includes it, the popular Microsoft 365 business standard does not.
If your data is spread across multiple vendor systems you might be better off with a standalone vault / archive solution that can cope with all of them.
Doesn’t my disaster recovery or backup system do this? No, most do not allow you to search them like an Electronic Vault / Archive system does.
We will guide you through the process of choosing the product that’s right for you. We will implement the solution. And we will train your colleagues. Contact us to make that happen.