- Created: Monday, 28 September 2020
- Written by Ella Coles
A common misconception from businesses that only use web applications is that they don’t need powerful computers. It’s not true!
- Many websites actually run code directly on your computer, some examples are: Salesforce, Google Mail / Docs. A powerful processor will speed these up.
- The number of web browser tabs you can have open at the same time is affected by the amount of memory you have.
- Zoom, Teams and other collaboration tools need powerful computers.
- Startup, Shutdown, and Restart will waste working time if the processor and disk is too slow.
A good starting point is
- Intel i5 / Ryzen 5 CPU
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB SSD
In a business environment, it does not make sense to analyse everyone's requirements and decide on a suitable model yourself, you’ll spend time, money and energy on the wrong solution. Instead, engage telanova as your IT team.