- Created: Monday, 28 February 2022
- Written by Jonathan Hobson
Often robbers don’t break directly into a bank, but via the coffee shop next door.
IT supply chain attacks are like that. Hackers don’t gain access to a target directly but via a less secure supplier. So organisations assess their suppliers’ security arrangements.
Larger organisations are demanding their smaller suppliers comply with security policies and prove that they are safe to do business with.
- Audit your security and suggest sensible changes and policies to make sure your business is secure.
- Prove that you are secure, by gaining accreditations such as Cyber Essentials.
- Guide you through any security requirements your customers may require from you
- Implement policies to make sure your suppliers are secure - making sure they are not the weakest link either.