- Created: Monday, 01 November 2021
- Written by Jonathan Hobson
30% of ex-employees can still access their previous employers files and email. So they could maliciously delete, spy, tamper or sell information.
Even if they have no malicious intent - having an unused and unmonitored account means no one may notice if it is compromised.
It is a huge GDPR fail.
That’s why telanova has a leaver procedure for our customers: This includes:
- Do we need to do anything before they leave?
- Reset passwords
- Disable accounts
- Change “shared” passwords (e.g. Wi-Fi)
- Grant their manager access to their email and files
- Remotely wipe business data from personal devices
- Remove them from phone systems, websites etc
- Set an out of office message
Engage telanova as your IT team and we will advise you so you can avoid potentially costly data protection mistakes.