- Created: Thursday, 27 November 2014
- Written by Jonathan Hobson
Snow day Provisioning
Though the concept of a white Christmas may bring joy to the hearts of children everywhere, it can chill a business to the bone! As the holiday season rolls in, bringing with it harsh weather, terrible winds, the potential for flooding and of course, the chaos of hectic roads, we are once again reminded of the risk and potential loss of revenue for any business.
The travel disruption caused by heavy snow in January 2013 cost the economy an estimated £470m a day.
While there’s nothing you can do about the harsh winter elements – they don’t have to freeze your business in its tracks. Advances in technology and security means that almost any business can now adopt remote working as part of its strategy to reduce winter losses. But where do you begin to implement this for numerous employees?
Business continuity - embracing remote working
telanova will help you embrace remote working so that you can maintain and even increase staff productivity. Here’s how:-
- Communication: Employees still need to communicate with other team members and customers. You may already have technologies that you can use to your advantage. For example many email systems have webmail which can be accessed from home. We can work with you to ensure employees have the right access/credentials to log into this. We can also implement online messenger/chat options to keep everyone in the loop and help the team still feel united.
- Data: Your employees might need access to information and files that have been stored at the office, or the ability to use applications within office computers. Again there are options such as cloud based systems which give you access to critical documents, online meetings, conference calls etc. We can also suggest alternative technologies for remote access and much more. It’s all about defining your need and proposing the most appropriate solution.
- Critical business processes: Your employees, in order to keep making money, may need to perform financial transfers, and could require excess software in order to do this. Secure remote access to carry out such actions is possible and we can ensure this is tested beforehand.
The key to protecting your business from anything the UK weather can throw at it is to plan ahead. Discover the technologies you have available and how you can use them to your advantage.
The bad news is that the weather in the UK throughout winter is undoubtedly changing and freak weather conditions are becoming ever more common, however, the good news is that your business doesn’t have to be affected. The right technology can help, and telanova knows how to use it. Call us today to learn more.