News broke on Wednesday 31st January 2018 from KRCert that a new Zero Day vulnerability is circulating and users of Flash need to take action
- Products affected are : Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime, Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Affected versions are 126.96.36.199 and earlier.
- Adobe will be releasing a security update on 5th February 2018, it is recommended that you uninstall / disable Flash Player until its release.
- Using the exploit hackers can take control of the infected device
- The exploit can be used via malicious MS Office files.
- Web browsing through any browser is at risk until the patch is released.
Reduce the Risk
Uninstall Flash, or do not visit untrusted/unknown websites, avoid viewing email attachments with unknown origin, update your anti-virus to the latest version and enable real-time monitoring